Vacation Rental Agreement - Shorewood Real Estate
Shorewood Real Estate, Inc.
Vacation Rental Agreement
THIS IS A VACATION RENTAL AGREEMENT UNDER THE NORTH CAROLINA VACATION RENTAL ACT. THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE PARTIES TO THIS AGREEMENT ARE DEFINED BY LAW AND INCLUDE UNIQUE PROVISIONS PERMITTING THE DISBURSEMENT OF RENT PRIOR TO TENANCY AND EXPEDITED EVICTION OF TENANTS. YOUR SIGNATURE ON THIS AGREEMENT, OR PAYMENT OF MONEY OR TAKING POSSESSION OF THE PROPERTY AFTER RECEIPT OF THE AGREEMENT, IS EVIDENCE OF YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE AGREEMENT AND YOUR INTENT TO USE THIS PROPERTY FOR A VACATION RENTAL.
Shorewood Real Estate, Inc. is conducting business under the VACATION RENTAL ACT (NC GENERAL STATUTES SECTION 42 A-1) for all Vacation Rental Agreements entered on or after January 1, 2000. Shorewood Real Estate, Inc. acts as agent on behalf of the homeowner for vacation rental properties
1. DISBURSEMENT OF RENT AND THIRD-PARTY FEES
Tenant authorizes Agent to disburse up to fifty percent (50%) of the total rent, as permitted by section 42A-16 of the Vacation Rental Act, to the owner (or as the owner directs) prior to Tenant’s occupancy of the Premises, and the balance of the rent upon the commencement of the tenancy. Tenant also authorizes Agent to disburse prior to Tenant’s occupancy of the Premises any fees owed to third parties to pay for any goods, services, or benefits procured by Agent for the benefit of Tenant, including but not limited to any fees set forth herein payable to Agent for reservation, transfer, or cancellation of Tenant’s tenancy. The tenant agrees to pay a $25.00 processing fee for any check of Tenant that may be returned by the financial institution. Agent receives compensation from the providers (GENERALI/Generali) of the travel insurance plans. Agent receives compensation from linen and beach gear rentals.
2. TRUST ACCOUNT
Any advance payment made by the Tenant shall be deposited in a trust account with Bank of America, 1726 Country Club Road, Jacksonville, NC, 28546. Tenant agrees that any advance payment may be deposited in an interest-bearing trust account and that any interest thereon shall accrue for the benefit of, and shall be paid to, the owner (or as the owner directs) as it accrues and as often as is permitted by the terms of the account.
3. TENANT DUTIES
Tenant agrees to comply with all obligations imposed by the Vacation Rental Act on Tenant with respect to maintenance of the Premises, including but not limited to keeping the Premises as clean and safe as the conditions of the Premises permits and causing no unsafe or unsanitary conditions in the common areas and remainder of the Premises that Tenant uses; and notifying Agent in writing of the need of replacement of or repairs to a smoke detector, and replacing the batteries as needed during the tenancy. Tenant agrees not to use the Premises for any activity or purpose that violates any criminal law or governmental regulation. Tenant’s breach of any duty contained in this paragraph shall be considered material and shall result in the termination of Tenant’s tenancy.
4. SECURITY DEPOSIT
Any security deposit provided may be applied to actual damages caused by the Tenant as permitted under the Tenant Security Deposit Act. In addition, Agent may deduct from the security deposit, or charge to the credit card on file if there is no security deposit on file, the amount of any TV charges that are not specifically described in this Agreement (including any addendum hereto) as being included with the Premises. Agent shall apply, account for, or refund tenant’s security deposit within 45 days following the end of the tenancy.
5. AGENT DUTIES
Agent agrees to provide the Premises in a fit and habitable condition. If at the time Tenant is to begin occupancy of the Premises, Agent cannot provide the Premises in a fit and habitable condition or substitute a reasonably comparable property in such condition, Agent shall refund to Tenant all payments made by Tenant. Agent shall conduct all brokerage activities regarding this Agreement without respect to the race, color, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, or familial status of any Tenant.
If you need to cancel your reservation for any reason, you must notify Shorewood Real Estate, Inc., in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancelled reservations are placed back on the rental market for advertising to be re-rented. If you purchased travel insurance, you must file a claim directly with Generali Travel Insurance. By cancelling your reservation, all monies paid will be forfeited unless property is re-rented for the entire duration of your reservation and for the original rental amount. If the property is re-rented at a lower rental amount, your refund will be decreased by the difference between the original rental amount and the discounted rental amount, along with the $150.00 cancellation fee, and any travel insurance premium. Travel Insurance is non-refundable. You will be notified of the re-rent status and any refund due to you via email once the property re-rents or the departure date has passed. Should the property not be re-rented, you may choose to reinstate and use your reservation any time up to the departure date subject to availability. If you wish to reinstate, email email@example.com with that request.
Transfer requests should be made at least 60 days prior to arrival. Transfers are only granted within the same property and season stated in this agreement. The transfer fee is $100.00.
Note: Shorewood Real Estate, Inc. reserves the right to cancel or transfer reservations at any time prior to taking occupancy. Should this occur, reservation will be transferred to a comparable property or refund all monies received from Tenant.
7. TRANSFER OF PREMISES (Sale of Property)
1. If the owner voluntarily transfers the Premises, Tenant has the right to enforce this Agreement against the grantee of the Premises if Tenant’s occupancy under this Agreement is to end 180 days or less after the grantee’s interest in the Premises is recorded. If Tenant’s occupancy is to end more than 180 days after such recordation, Tenant has no right to enforce the terms of this Agreement unless the grantee agrees in writing to honor this Agreement. If the grantee does not honor this Agreement, Tenant is entitled to a refund of all advance rent paid by Tenant (and other fees owed to third parties not already lawfully disbursed). Within 20 days after transfer of Premises, the grantee or the grantee’s agent is required to
a. notify Tenant in writing of the transfer of the Premises, the grantee's name and address, and the date the grantee's interest was recorded.
b. advise Tenant whether Tenant has the right to occupy the Premises subject to the terms of this Agreement or receive a refund of any payment made by Tenant.
2. Upon termination of the owner’s interest in the Premises, whether by sale, assignment, death, appointment of a receiver or otherwise, the owner, owner’s agent, or real estate agent is required to transfer all advance rent paid by Tenant (and other fees owed to third parties not already lawfully disbursed) to the owner’s successor-in-interest within 30 days and notify Tenant by mail of such transfer and of the transferee’s name and address. However, if Tenant’s occupancy under this Agreement is to end more than 180 days after recordation of the interest of the owner’s successor-in-interest in the Premises, and the successor-in-interest has not agreed to honor this Agreement, all advance rent paid by Tenant (and other fees owed to third parties not already lawfully disbursed) must be transferred to Tenant within 30 days.
3. If the owner’s interest in the Premises is involuntarily transferred prior to Tenant’s occupancy of the Premises, the owner is required to refund to Tenant all advance rent paid by Tenant and other fees owed to third parties not already lawfully disbursed) within 60 days after the transfer.
8. MANDATORY HURRICANE EVACUATION
If state or local authorities order a mandatory hurricane evacuation of an area that includes the Premises, Tenant shall comply with the order. Upon compliance, the Tenant will be entitled to a refund through the Travel Interruption Plan (GENERALI) of the prorated rent for each night that Tenant is unable to occupy the Premises, because of the order. Travel Insurance cannot be added to a reservation after the reservation is paid in full. However, Tenant will not be entitled to a refund if prior to paying the reservation in full, subject tenant refused insurance offered by Agent that would have compensated Tenant for losses or damages resulting from loss of use of the Premises due to a mandatory hurricane evacuation order.
9. EXPEDITED EVICTION
If the tenancy created here under is for 30 days or less, the expedited eviction procedures set forth in the Vacation Rental Act will apply. Tenant may be evicted under such procedures if Tenant:
1. holds in possession after Tenant’s tenancy has expired.
2. commits a material breach of any provision of this Agreement (including any addendum hereto) that according to its term would result in the termination of Tenant’s tenancy.
3. fails to pay rent as required by this Agreement.
4. has obtained possession of the Premises by fraud or misrepresentation. (NO HOUSE PARTIES. COLLEGE OR TEEN GROUPS.) Evidence of parties may result in charges up to $1,000.00 to credit card on file.
5. No Pets unless otherwise specifically permitted.
a. Unless otherwise specifically permitted in this Agreement (including any addendum here to), no pets/dogs shall be allowed on the Premises. Tenant’s breach of this provision shall be considered material and shall result in the termination of Tenant’s tenancy and a $1,000.00 unauthorized pet/dog fee charged to the credit card on file and charges up to $800.00 for sanitation/cleaning required to alleviate evidence of pets/dogs.
6. No Smoking on the premises.
a. Tenant, or Tenant’s family or guests shall not smoke on the Premises. This includes smoking cigarettes, cigars, pipes, vaping or any other smoking device. Tenant’s breach of this provision shall be considered material and shall result in a charge of $1,000.00 to the credit card on file and charges up to $800.00 for sanitation/cleaning required to alleviate evidence of smoke
b. and the termination of Tenant’s tenancy. Should tenant or tenant’s family or guests smoke in exterior of unit and evidence thereof is seen, the breach of this provision shall be considered material and shall result in a charge of $1,000.00 to the credit card on file and charges up to $800.00 for sanitation/cleaning required to alleviate evidence of smoking including but not limited to cigarette butts.
10.IDEMNIFICATION AND HOLD HARMLESS; RIGHT OF ENTRY; ASSINGMENT (assignment)
Tenant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Agent and the owner from and against any liability for personal injury or property injury or property damage sustained by any person (including Tenant’s guests) because of any cause, unless caused by the negligent or willful act of Agent or the owner, or the failure of Agent or the owner to comply with the Vacation Rental Act. Tenant agrees that Agent, the owner of their respective representatives may enter the Premises during reasonable hours to inspect the Premises, to make such repairs, alterations improvements thereto as Agent or owner may deem appropriate, or to show the Premises to prospective purchasers or tenants. Tenant shall not assign this Agreement to sublet the Premises in whole or part without written permission of Agent.
11.OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
IN WITNESS THEREOF: This Agreement is executed in two counter parts with an executed counterpart being retained by each party hereto. NOTICE: This is a legally binding contract. If not understood, seek competent advice. A NC Real Estate Licensee may own the subject property. This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the law of the State of North Carolina. This Agreement shall be treated as though it was executed in the County of Carteret, State of North Carolina, and was to have been performed in the County of Carteret, State of North Carolina. Any action relating to this Agreement shall be instituted and prosecuted in courts in North Carolina. Customer/Tenant specifically consent to such jurisdiction and to service of process. Amendments to this Agreement must be inwriting and signed by all parties. This Agreement represents the entire Agreement of the parties, and there are no misrepresentations, inducements, or other provisions other than those contained in the Agreement.
Any addenda to this Agreement are described in the following space and attached here to " Shorewood Real Estate, Inc. Policies and Procedures”. Tenant agrees that Tenant has received and read any such addenda, and that they shall constitute an integral part of this Agreement. The Addendum follows below.
Shorewood Real Estate, Inc.
Addendum to Vacation Rental Agreement
Revised: November 1st, 2023
Our vacation rental properties are individually owned and reflect each owner’s tastes. We cannot make substitutions or provide refunds upon your arrival.
· If booked over the phone or in person, the initial payment is due 24 hours from the date reservation is placed and is equal to ½ of the total, including full travel insurance premium (if elected).
· If booked online, the initial payment is due at the time the reservation is placed and is equal to ½ of the total, including full travel insurance premium (if elected).
· Payment methods for the first payment are Visa/Mastercard/Discover/AMEX.
· Final payment is due 45 days prior to your arrival date. Checks/Discover/Visa/Mastercard/AMEX are accepted for final payment.
· Reservations with an arrival date 45 days or less from booking date, payment is due in full within 24 hours of booking over the phone or in person, or due in full at the time the reservation is placed online, and payable via Mastercard/Visa/AMEX or Discover.
· Note: Personal Checks are only accepted if there are at least 45 days prior to your arrival date.
NC Sales Tax is 6.75%, Carteret County Occupancy Tax is 6% and is added to all rentals less than 90 days. The total tax rate is currently 12.75%. These rates are as of the time of printing of agreement. The tenant will be responsible for the taxes due at the time of tenancy. Taxes will be disbursed upon termination of the tenancy or material breach of the agreement.
Check-in begins after 4:00 PM on the day of your arrival. DO NOT EXPECT TO CHECK-IN EARLY. Most of our Vacation Rentals have keyless entry which allows you to check in directly at the property at stated check-in time. Guests renting keyless entry properties will receive access instructions via email prior to arrival. If you are renting a condo or a keyed property, check-in is at Shorewood Real Estate at stated check in time.
During holidays and busy seasons: Check-in time for your property may be later than 4:00PM due to the extra housekeeping and maintenance workload. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we prepare your property for you.
Check out time is promptly 10:00AM so that the unit can be cleaned, sanitized, and inspected for the next rental guest. Return all Keys, Parking Passes, and Gate Cards to Shorewood Real Estate. Keycodes expire at check-out time. Unauthorized occupancy at property after 10:00AM on check out day may result in a minimum charge of the Season Nightly Rate charged to card on file.
Late Arrival Check-Ins will pick up key packets at our office in the front corridor of our building, unless your rental property has keyless entry and doesn’t require a key, gate card and/or parking pass. CALL SHOREWOOD REAL ESTATE TO CONFIRM YOUR LATE ARRIVAL.
AFTER HOURS EMERGENCY (252) 354-4892
This phone line is monitored after hours. You must leave a message and your call will be returned as soon as possible. After Hour Emergency calls are defined as anything that places the Tenant or Property in danger. Malfunctioning A/C, WiFi, TV, Technical Issues, Minor Plumbing Issues, DO NOT constitue as an “After Hours Emergency” and will be addressed the following business day.
· EMERGENCIES 911
· Emerald Isle Police Department (252) 354-2021
· Emerald Isle Town Hall (252) 354-3424
· Carteret Health Care (Hospital) (252) 499-6000
· Med First Primary & Urgent Care (252) 354-6500
HOUSEKEEPING | MAINTENANCE | SERVICE CALLS
Within one hour of checking into your vacation rental home, notify Shorewood Real Estate immediately by phone or email if you are not satisfied with the cleanliness of the rental. Housekeeping will return to rectify the reported issues. After hour reports will be addressed the next day. If no reports have been made to Shorewood Real Estate within an hour of check-in, we trust that you are pleased with your rental home. No discounts or refunds will be given later for discrepancies.
Before calling our office be sure that the repair is necessary and not an oversight. Promptly report any inoperative equipment to our office. We cannot guarantee against mechanical failure of the heating, air conditioning, TVs, cable, WiFi, or other appliances/ amenities. Every effort to have repairs addressed quickly and efficiently will be made. Our Vacation Rental Homes are individually owned. We are unable to offer refunds when appliances fail, parts need to be ordered or other repair needs arise. Authorized repairmen have the legal right to enter the property as required to accomplish needed repairs, even if the service call was made prior to your arrival.
When packing for your vacation, don’t forget to bring:
1. Paper products (toilet paper, paper towels, napkins, etc.)
2. Personal hygiene products (shampoo, conditioner, body soap, etc.)
3. You may find dish soap, laundry detergent, trash bags, coffee filters, all-purpose cleaners, etc. at the property, but this is not a guarantee. To be on the safe side, plan to bring your own or pick some up at the store.
4. Beach towels, chairs, floaties, life jackets, water/sand toys, sunscreen, etc, are not included. Depending on availability, beach equipment is available for rent (first come, first serve).
5. Bed Linens, Bath Towels & Kitchen Towels (unless linens are included).
6. Your “must haves” in the kitchen. Kitchens are stocked with basics –all appliances, dishes, cups, silverware, cookware, baking sheets, dishes, coffeepots, and toasters, etc.
7. Your favorite blanket and pillow for maximize your relaxation.
Some properties are stocked beyond average. This is homeowner preference as every rental is individually owned. If there is an item or small appliance that you know you will need during your vacation, you should bring it with you. Don’t assume that all properties are stocked with the small appliance you need.
Failure to comply with the check-out procedures listed below will result in a minimum charge of $75.00 to the card on file.
1. Leave the property in the same order as it was upon your arrival.
2. Wash all dishes and put them back neatly in cabinets.
3. Remove all food from cabinets and the refrigerator/freezer.
4. Make sure all furniture and furnishings are in original locations (refer to website for reference).
5. Remove all trash from the property and place it outside in the receptacles.
6. Remove linens (fitted sheet, top sheet, pillowcases) from beds. Place towels and linens in linen bag or pillowcase and set at entry door. DO NOT REMOVE mattress pads, zippered pillow protectors, comforters, or pillow shams.
7. Be sure all TV’s, stove, oven, coffee pot, etc., are OFF.
8. Clean outdoor grill and grill utensils if property provides grill.
9. Set Thermostat to AC 74° in Spring/Summer months or HEAT 55° in Fall/Winter months.
10. Pet Friendly Properties – discard all pet waste/pet dander.
11. Leave home broom clean.
12. Check closets, bathrooms, under beds and other furniture for personal items prior to leaving.
13. Lock all exterior windows and doors.
14. Return all keys and gate cards/parking passes to Shorewood Real Estate.
15. REPORT any maintenance needs or damages.
Charges for lost items listed above are as follows and will be charged to credit cardon file.
· KEYS $5.00/each
· GATE CARDS $50.00/each
· PARKING PASSES $25.00/each
DAMAGE TO THE PROPERTY
Shorewood Real Estate, Inc., does not require a security deposit for reservations less than 30 days. The tenant is financially responsible for any damage, including accidental, that occurs on the leased property. Damages will be automatically charged to card on file, and tenant will not be released from liability for damage due to the following, but not limited to:
1. intentional, willful, reckless, negligent, or malicious acts of the Tenant or others on the premises during the tenancy,
2. damage by pets and/or additional cleaning required caused by pets,
3. theft from the premises of either the Owner’s property or property belonging to the Tenant,
negligence of Tenant or intentional misuse of furnishings, appliances, equipment, or other amenities, including outdoor amenities, provided with the home,
5. damage caused while under the influence of any substance,
6. damages to real property, furnishings, or any vehicles resulting from motor vehicle,
7. damages related to smoking and/or vaping
8. staining from henna tattoos, nail color, sunscreen, nail polish, or any other chemicals/lotions
Pet friendly homes are charged a non-refundable pet fee per dog. Read description of home to determine pet fee and number of dogs allowed. Guests agree that they will pay a non-refundable pet fee, per dog, that is in the home, at any time for any duration of the reservation. Unauthorized dogs in the pet friendly home will result in additional pet fee charged to card on file. If the dog on premises is a working dog (ie. Service/Therapy Dog), guest must inform and provide necessary documentation to Shorewood Real Estate with correspondence prior taking occupancy. If the property is pet friendly and your four-legged friend comes along, you must remove their droppings from any outside areas. Dogs are not allowed on furniture or beds. Dogs are not allowed in swimming pools or hot tubs. Any evidence of dogs on furniture, in pool/hot tub, pet waste not properly disposed, or pet hair throughout home will incur additional cleaning fees, charged to card on file (separate from non-refundable pet fees). Emerald Isle has a leash law, meaning dogs are to be leashed at any time they are outside, even if their people are beside them. NOTE: Bringing a dog to a non-pet friendly property shall result in termination of Tenant’s tenancy will be charged a $1,000.00 unauthorized pet/dog fee charged to the credit card on file and charges up to $800.00 for sanitation/cleaning required to alleviate evidence of pets/dogs.
GENERALI/GENERALI TRAVEL PROTECTION
Vacation Rental Travel Insurance has been made available with your reservation. Vacation Rental Travel Insurance provides coverage for prepaid, nonrefundable expenses due to certain unforeseeable circumstances that may jeopardize your vacation investment and force you to incur unplanned expenses. We strongly recommend you purchase this valuable protection. Separate terms and conditions apply, read Description of Coverage/Policy carefully and contact GENERALI/GENERALI at (800) 874-2442 with coverage questions. Travel Insurance cannot be added to a reservation after the reservation is paid in full. Travel Insurance can only be removed within 10 days of adding policy on to reservation. No refund will be made in the event of a mandatory evacuation if a guest does not purchase GENERALI/GENERALI Insurance. The tenant filing the Travel Insurance claim must do so directly with Generali Travel Insurance.
Most properties provide linens for weekly stays, at no additional cost. Linen packages consist of fitted sheets, top sheets, pillowcases, bath towels, wash cloths, small bath rug/towel, hand towels, and kitchen towels. All properties are equipped with mattress pads, pillow protectors, comforters, and pillows. You may add on linen package (additional cost) if linen package is not provided with your reservation. Some, not all, properties include the “Beds Made” service. Read description of home to determine if Linen Package and/or “Beds Made” service is included. Linen packages are not included with reservation less than a weekly stay and are available to be added on at an additional cost.
The vacation property should not be used or occupied by more than the maximum allowable number of occupants including the Tenant’s family, children, and Tenant’s guests. Emerald Isle does not have a central sewage system. All properties have individual septic systems, which are permitted by the Health Department for maximum occupancy in the property. Shorewood Real Estate follows the Carteret County Health Department regulations, which assume occupancy of two persons per advertised bedroom. Additional bedding may be listed- this is for the convenience of providing space and ample bedding arrangements for groups that may need to have separate lodging due to other reasons.
FAMILY GROUPS ONLY
Shorewood Real Estate, Inc. has the right to terminate rentals without a refund if in our opinion the renter is detrimental to the property. No special events, house parties, college, or teen groups, even if chaperoned by an adult. Evidence of parties or special events may result in fees charged to credit card on file up to $2,000.00. Lessee must be at least 25 years old to make a reservation. According to section 42A-23of the Vacation Rental Act, a tenant may be evicted in an expedited eviction proceeding if the tenant does any of the following:
1. Holds over possession after his or her tenancy has expired.
2. Has committed a material breach of the terms of the Vacation Rental Agreement that, according to the terms of the agreement, results in the termination of his or her tenancy.
3. Fails to pay rent as required by the agreement.
4. Has obtained possession of the property by fraud or misrepresentation.
LOST AND FOUND
Shorewood Real Estate is not responsible for items left behind. If you believe you left sometime behind, FILE A LOST REPORT HERE. You must file an electronic lost report within 30 days of departure date of your reservation. Unclaimed items will be donated to local charity after 30 days. Guest is responsible for all costs associated with returning items.
During the summer months, DO NOT set the thermostat below 72 degrees as the unit may freeze. Typically, the heat index is 90+ degrees. The AC Systems will likely not cool the inside of the home below 72 during the day. If the air conditioning is not cooling as quickly as you think it should, give it time to adjust. If a service was ordered and not necessary per the repair person, a service call will be charged to the tenant by charging the credit card on file. When departing during summer months, leave the AC at 74 degrees. When departing during Winter months, leave Heat on 55 degrees.
Water bugs and ants are indigenous to Emerald Isle and the Crystal Coast. If a serious issue is present, contact us to schedule an exterminator. By keeping the area tidy, trash removed, and food put away, the situation should be remedied until the exterminator arrives. Should you decide to purchase repellants, reimbursement for the purchase will be provided with a receipt.
Pool/Hot Tub use is "at your own risk" and the guest is responsible for all persons on the property. You must shower before entering the pool/hot tub. All pools/hot tubs are serviced twice a week. Private pools in rental homes will be open from mid-April through the end of October (or longer – property specific), weather permitting. Community pools in condo complexes are typically open Memorial Day-Labor Day (complex/HOA specific). Additional service required due to misuse/improper care of pool/hot tub will be charged to guest. Do not sit/lean on hot tub cover. If a hot tub cover is damaged during your stay, you will be charged to replace the hot tub cover that can cost over $800.00. Remove cover completely prior to use and place hot tub cover back on hot tub when not in use. Under no circumstances are dogs allowed in pools. Violation of this statement may result in expedited eviction and/or charge card on file up to $500.00 to clean pool/hot tub and re-balance chemicals. Some pools offer the heated option which is an additional charge and not included in the advertised rental rate. The price to heat pool is subject to change without notice. Understand that during times of low temperatures or high winds, pools may not heat to acceptable temperatures.
CABLE TV/WIFI/SATELLITE TV
These items are provided with most of our beach rentals; however, these services cannot be guaranteed to be provided without interruption. Occasional interruptions of service may occur due to our location. There are no refunds or discounts for interruption to these services.
ADDITIONAL BEACH HOUSE AMENITIES
Swimming pools, hot tubs, spas, whirlpools, elevators, golf carts, gaming systems and appliances cannot be guaranteed against failure. Every effort will be made to have them in good working order; however, no refunds or discounts will be made in the event they are inoperable during your stay. Guests use these amenities at their own risk during their stay.
If cans were not rolled to roadside by third party provider, it is guest responsibility to roll trash cans to roadside prior to designated trash collection day. Trash collection may be early in the morning. Prepare to have cans to roadside the evening before designated trash collection day.
Ocean Side: Monday and Friday
Sound Side: Tuesday and Thursday
Town Wide Recycle: Wednesday
NO GRILLING ON DECKS
Emerald Isle Town Ordinance prohibits grilling on decks or balconies and requires all grilling to be done on concrete, grass, or gravel surfaces away from wooden areas. Guests must clean the grill after each use. If grill is not cleaned after use by guest a fee of $50.00 may be charged to card on file.
If you are locked out of your vacation property during business hours, you may come to our office and check out a key. After business hours, call our emergency number 252-354-4892. A service call of $35.00 may be charged to the tenant for unlocking the unit.
Select properties may participate in discounted rates or other promotions. These discounts/promotions are subject to change and/or expire without notice. Discounts cannot and will not be combined. All homes are individually owned, and individual property owners must approve all discounts advertised or negotiated by Shorewood Real Estate. The discounts that are advertised must be applied at the time the reservation is made, not later. To receive a Military Discount, you must request this discount within 24 hours of the creation of the reservation. The reservation must be in the name of the Active or Retired Military Personnel, who shall name the Branch of Service, and DOD ID#. The Active or Retired military personnel must be the one making payment for the reservation.
Sometimes the units which we rent are also available for sale. Shorewood Real Estate reserves the right to show the rented property at a convenient time. When property is transferred, vacation rental tenants will be notified within 20 days advising them of their rights to occupy the property and their rights to receive a refund of any payments made. Tenants will also be given grantee names and addresses. Rentals that end 180 days or less after transferred must be honored by a grantee. Shorewood Real Estate shall not be liable for changes to bedding, furnishings or amenities which occur from the transfer of ownership. Grantee or successor in interest can choose not to honor rentals that end more than 180 days after transfer; a full refund within 30 days is sent to the tenant for payments made. When landlords interest in property is terminated for any reason, all advance rents and fees are transferred to the successor in interest within 30 days. If transfer is involuntary, prior to tenancy, all payments must be refunded to tenants within 60 days of transfer.
ONLINE QUOTATIONS AND BOOKINGS
Our online price estimates and quotations are offered without obligation. Shorewood Real Estate cannot be held responsible for faults, omissions, or miscalculations in price quotations by third parties. We reserve the right to correct miscalculations if such corrections are the result of omissions or miscalculations by third parties.
SAME TIME-SAME PLACE (Next Year Reservations)
You retain the first right to put a tentative hold on the same (full) week for the following year. This offer expires at 10:00AM on your scheduled check out day. If you have not made a tentative “Hold” reservation prior to checking out on the same week for the following year – it is released to the public. Reminder: Property owners have the first right of refusal.
DRIVING ON THE BEACH
The town of Emerald Isle allows vehicles to drive on the beach from mid-September through end of April, excluding Easter week. A special permit is required and must be purchased from Emerald Isle Town Hall. Emerald Isle, NC | Official Website (emeraldisle-nc.org)
1. We are unable to guarantee additional parking passes and/or gate cards issued by Complexes or Community Associations. Standard is 2 parking passes and 2 gate cards per reservation. You are welcome to park additional vehicles in our office parking lot.
2. Please do not loiter at any vacation rental prior to check-in time. Owners, Housekeeping, Maintenance, and Linen Crew need easy access to prepare the rental for your stay. We suggest grabbing lunch, ice cream, grocery shopping, or going to the beach! You are welcome to park at our office and walk down Cedar Street to the beach.
3. Refrigerators settings should be set in the mid-range. Note: stocking the refrigerator with warm items will initially slow down the cooling process of the refrigerator. Limit door openings after stocking refrigerator for the unit to stabilize temperature.
4. You may encounter high or low temperatures shortly after checking in due to high traffic in and out of the property. A few hours after the motion has settled, the property should start to acclimate to reasonable temperature.
5. If you must receive mail/packages during your stay, be sure the sender addresses the package to “your name” C/O the “name of the reservation holder” and include the name of your rental property. Mail/Packages should be sent to the office of Shorewood Real Estate at 7703 Emerald Drive, Emerald Isle, NC 28594. and not to rental property. Shorewood Real Estate is not responsible for guests’ mail.
6. Beach Gear, Baby Gear, and other rental items are available on a first come, first served basis. In rare occasions a pre-rented item becomes unavailable, you will receive a refund of the rented item. Beach Items must be removed nightly. Unattended items left on the beach after dusk will be confiscated and removed by town staff.
7. If electric charging is provided at your rental property, it will be noted in the property description. Otherwise, absolutely no charging of electric vehicles is allowed at properties without designated electric vehicle charging stations. Any persons in violation of this statement will be subject to a fee charged to card on file up to $2,000.00.
8. You acknowledge that construction may be ongoing at adjoining or nearby properties. Neither Shorewood Real Estate, Inc., nor the owner of the property is responsible for any objectionable noise or activity related to the same.
9. Tenant will be held liable for extra cleaning charges and for damages caused by smoking/vaping inside any property or on premises. Extra cleaning charges will be automatically billed to the credit card on file for the reservation, up to $2,500.00.
10. Guests card on file will be charged in the amount equal to any charges the owner may have incurred for unauthorized rental charges of apps, movies, tv shows, music etc.